“Our vision is to develop responsible global citizens who are lifelong learners, capable of facing the future with resilience and optimism.”
Alexandra Secondary College is committed to providing a safe, supportive and inclusive environment for all students, staff and members of our community. Our school recognises the importance of the partnership between our school and parents and carers to support student learning, engagement and wellbeing. We share a commitment to, and a responsibility for, creating an inclusive and safe school environment for our students whilst focussing on improving each student’s academic, physical social and emotional outcomes. This is achieved through:
- Offering a wide range of curriculum choices and extra curriculum opportunities to cater for the needs and aspirations of each student.
- Providing students with a structured and supported pathway which leads to successful study, employment or training choices.
- Valuing and developing the special individual strengths and talents of every student, parent and member of staff.
- Providing access to a range of options for student wellbeing support.
- Ensuring teaching and learning is relevant to each student’s interests, lives and aspirations.
- Providing teaching and learning that is rigorous, with each teacher committed to appropriately support, build and challenge every student.
- Utilising evidence based practices in our teaching and learning.
- Using data to support individual needs and improve learning.
The programs and teaching at Alexandra Secondary College support and promote the principles and practice of Australian democracy, including a commitment to:
- Elected government
- The rule of law
- Equal rights for all before the law
- Freedom of religion
- Freedom of speech and association
- The values of openness and tolerance